We deal with all aspect of Housing law and related disputes.
We can help with a number of problems including the following:-
- Possession or eviction proceedings brought by your landlord (who might be either a private landlord, a Housing Association/Trust or a Local Authority).
- Claims or counterclaims for damages for disrepair, including getting injunctions requiring your landlord to carry out repairs
- Mortgage repossession.
- Squatter’s rights/adverse possession.
- Homelessness applications, including reviews, appeals in the County Court and judicial review of Local Authority’s decisions.
- Harassment and/or unlawful eviction by your landlord.
- Allocation of social housing (if homeless)
- Service Charge disputes
Housing Law Clinic.
We provide a free Housing Clinic Session held at our East London Office. To book an appointment please call 0203 603 1183
What happens at a clinic appointment?
Clients usually have 15- 30 minutes to explain an issue and you will receive basic advice on the next steps to take.
What to bring to a clinic appointment?
- Tenancy agreement
- Mortgage details
- Any court papers
- Title deeds
- Proof of income (for example, wage slips, benefit letters and tax credits)
- Correspondence with landlord (for example, letters and emails)
- Any other relevant contractual information